Crawford County, Kansas
 
 

Hepler

 

Founded in 1871 by John Viets. Named in honor of B. F. Hepler, president and co-founder of the town company that laid out the town. The first schoolhouse was built in 1873, with Mr. William G. Little as schoolteacher.

 
Hepler Main Street
- photo about 1908
(courtesy Dorothy Benskin, Crawford County Genealogical Society)